Search This Blog

Why Rafa is the G.OA.T

Friday, July 18, 2014

Recollections of a wee hours metro travel, back from the office

I was returning back from work. Was a bad bad day really.....no power in the office since morning (first such day in work life) and had to take back to back classes from 10 am to 1 pm, 1 pm to 3 pm and 3:30 pm to 05:30 pm.....i was literally feeling like stink at the end of the ordeal....only solace was the company of young students who were willing to share with me in the ordeal....After returning from office, caught the nearby metro at Maidan station for my destination. In the metro, it felt like heaven again after the hellish day at office.

In metro, I decided to spend some time at observing fellow passengers, most of whom were home bound after work. I observed the faces standing around me. Most of the faces looked weary and lost, not having a dint of enthusiasm or love left for life....I had a faint laugh at this sight. I mean humans, supposedly the most evolved of all species on this planet and how most of them spend their days, working at some jobs they don't time, working for ungodly hours......Psychology being my study specialization for UPSC, i have recently developed a thing for observation....(my own case study gives me a lot for observation :P).

However one thing the fallen faces at the metro told me that for all our development, humans still remained slaves primarily. Slaves to big organisations, slaves to imaginary masters (Gods), slaves to a societal structure where you work 6 days a week to relax for 1 day....Was it meant this, or better to ask is: Is this the most intelligent way to live our lives.

Next up, as I was indulged in these thoughts, a hot lady came up at one station, and everyone started peeking at her(including yours truly). The soft, stealthy stares reminded me about the extent of sexual repression and frustations in our society...As I looked upon a middle aged guy staring lustly at the lady, I felt strangely bad for the guy. The fellow seemed funless, tired and lacking any great enthusiasm for life. His sexual life didn't seem that great either.

The metro came to a stop at the next station and my thoughts were intercepted. Time to catch some cricket next.

1 comment: